Qualified To Handle Intricate Medical Malpractice Claims
Even though we entrust our health and our lives to medical professionals, and they usually do an outstanding job of taking care of us, sometimes mistakes are made. While not every mistake rises to the level of medical malpractice, when a doctor or health care professional’s negligence injures a patient or worsens a condition, the results are often devastating and you should explore if you have a claim by contacting a knowledgeable attorney.
At Higgins, Roberts & Suprunowicz, P.C., our team of litigators handles medical malpractice cases with skill and attention to detail. We are here to protect the rights of our clients in instances where a doctor or other medical professional failed to exercise the proper standard of care. Medical malpractice claims center around whether the medical professional breached his or her duty of care when treating a patient. If your doctor or another health care professional acted negligently or used a treatment method not normally accepted in the medical community, we will work diligently to prove it.
Veteran Hospital And Birth Injury Lawyers Serving Saratoga County
Our firm can help clients with medical malpractice cases involving issues such as:
- Failure to diagnose — cancer, heart attack, stroke, infection or any other condition
- Misdiagnoses resulting in further injury, pain or wrongful death
- Medication errors — wrong dosage, incorrect medication, prescribing a drug contraindicated to something you are already taking, failing to take a proper history
- Emergency room errors — unreasonable delays or wait times, being treated by someone not properly trained or a specialist not being brought in when necessary
- Surgery errors — unnecessary operations, failing to operate in the right area, leaving a foreign object in a body cavity
- Hospital neglect or abuse
- Birth injuries
- Improper treatment resulting in additional injuries or infection
Our Schenectady, New York, medical malpractice attorneys will analyze your medical charts and reports along with other evidence needed to prove medical malpractice claims. When necessary, we also consult with experts who can evaluate the situation, demonstrate the error and show that the treatment did not meet the accepted standard of care.
We will negotiate with insurers to make sure all your expenses and losses are compensated. If your case needs to proceed to trial, we know how to develop cases that juries understand and listen to.
We understand you want to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions. We will be right by your side every step of the way in pursuing this goal and getting you the compensation you need to move forward and recover.
Contact Higgins, Roberts & Suprunowicz, P.C., at 518-631-5609 for a personal meeting and consultation.